Friday, October 31, 2008

Gallery Opening

I'm happy to announce I am part of a group show at Creative Spaces KC! The art show opens on November 7 which is a First Friday. Creative Spaces KC is a new gallery and event space in the West Bottoms:


The gallery is open on November 7 from from 5:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m., and Saturday, November 8 from 11:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Creative Spaces will provide some snacks and refreshments. Stop on by to check it out! I will be exhibiting four photographs from a recent project:








I like to think that the West Bottoms are like NYC's Soho in the 1970s. Kind of edgy and deserted still but lots of artists and creative professionals moving into the area and revitalizing it. I have visions of myself living in some crazy gigantic warehouse circa 1972 with a fire in a big barrel, working on my photography with fingerless gloves on, the cold air barely warmed by the fire. Ahh, Soho. I was born too late for your glory days. Now it's a neighborhood for the rich and famous, where you run into Blake Lively at Anya Hindmarch and Prada. Here's to exploring the new spaces in the West Bottoms instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment